Re: [LUG] Computer dirt was Re: 7cm CPU fan

On 29/05/11 14:29, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> As for primes.. Ugh. Used them at uny. Horrible things and a stupidly
> controlling computer services department who looked after them too.

By 1986 (I think revision 19 of the OS) the rough edges must have been
hewn off. Lovely command syntax, and a computer services department who
turned a blind eye (I suspect, since we weren't that discrete) to us
attempting to run bulletin boards outside the accounting system using
this here new fangled posix subsystem.

The only information about Primes the Computer Services people ever gave
me was a lecture about how the guy had implemented key press detection
(we take these things so much for granted) in Primos.