Re: [LUG] MS Giving stuff away.

On 18/05/11 20:50, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2011 20:43:43 +0100
tom wrote:

On 18/05/11 19:46, Simon Waters wrote:
On 18/05/11 13:57, JOHN DAVEY wrote:
     It didn't sound like something Microsoft would do.
Why not? I know we complain about their business practices a lot,
but they do do corporate giving.

Often it is software they donate which costs them nothing to give
except potential lost revenue.
I'm not sure about that: I have  a relative who runs a charity that
has received what appeared to be a massive donation in terms of free
software from MS. But it looks like they will have to pay to
'upgrade'. So no lost revenue there - in fact a few thousand sales
when one considers they were considering going FLOSS.
Tom te tom te tom
Are the upgrades mandatory?  Surely there is still plenty of
opportunity for them to pursue the FLOSS route?

Grant.

But all their documents are in MS formats and ooooh the cost of retraining......
Tom te tom te tom