Re: [LUG] MS Giving stuff away.

On 18/05/11 13:57, JOHN DAVEY wrote:

>    It didn't sound like something Microsoft would do.

Why not? I know we complain about their business practices a lot, but
they do do corporate giving.

Often it is software they donate which costs them nothing to give except
potential lost revenue.

Site for organisations after Microsoft donations is:

http://www.microsoft.com/about/corporatecitizenship/en-us/community-tools/non-profits/get-stuff/eligibility-checklist/

Quote.....

Eligible Organizations

All nonprofit or nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) that hold
charitable status in their country are eligible to participate. Eligible
organizations operate on a not-for-profit basis and have a mission to
benefit the local community that could include, but is not limited to,
the following:

    * Providing relief to the poor
    * Advancing education
    * Improving social welfare
    * Preserving culture
    * Preserving or restoring the environment
    * Promotion of human rights
    * Establishment of civil society