Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Server Migration

On 16/05/11 17:25, Rob Beard wrote:
On 16/05/11 17:01, Gibbs wrote:
Any tips or catches to look out for when migrating a remote server
(Ubuntu 9.04) to another (Ubuntu 10.04)? It runs LAMP, Postfix, Dovecot,
Amavis, Spamassassing and Clam. I won't be doing it for a few weeks but
I've never migrated a server and although I'm pretty confident it won't
be too difficult I'm looking at building a strategy in my head now to
make it as quick and painless as possible.

Gibbs

Do you mean migrate from one physical server to another?

Rob

Sorry yes. This isn't an upgrade. I will be moving to a server with Ubuntu 10.10 installed.

Gibbs