Re: [LUG] Windows Support

On 16/05/11 08:08, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

And I'm just about to oder up 3 new PCs - 2 for a local project and one
for another soon to be ex. DCC staff member and they're all coming
without OS to have Debian installed on them... Anyone recomend anyone
better than eBuyer for supplying them ready built? I really can't be
bothered building them this time. (Budget is up to £350 per complete
system inc. VAT)

I bought a new computer recently. I wanted one without any operating system so I looked at http://www.nakedcomputers.org and chose one from their list, http://www.elpatech.co.uk. You may find these useful.

Regards

Neil

I just got one from Novatech (lightning took out my last one!)- I just got a barebones (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/barebones/Novatech/BB-8404GA.html) and a fast HD and DVD and used my current monitor/keyboard mouse and stuck on 64bit ubu. I've now got a 6.5Gflop machine for just over £250 . Havent got the sound working but it runs Netbeans with its eyes closed.
Tom te tom te tom