Re: [LUG] Windows Support

On Sun, 15 May 2011, Grant Sewell wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2011 20:35:44 +0100
Gibbs wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves constantly fixing peoples Windows
problems when you don't even use Windows? Slightly annoying.

Yes.  Kinda goes with the territory, though.

With 3 exceptions, (Wife and her parents), I now tell them I'm not interested.

And having spent a few hours this week re-installing Debian on wifeys PC while she was away, I'm going to have a go at getting her to use it rather than XP (it's dual-boot, but it had Lenny on it, now Squeeze + Gnome)

Another stumbling block I've remembered it that she needs to use Citrix to access DCC remotely - although that'll only be until she finishes there in July...

And I'm just about to oder up 3 new PCs - 2 for a local project and one for another soon to be ex. DCC staff member and they're all coming without OS to have Debian installed on them... Anyone recomend anyone better than eBuyer for supplying them ready built? I really can't be bothered building them this time. (Budget is up to £350 per complete system inc. VAT)

Gordon