Re: [LUG] ubuntu 11.04 transitions

On 09/05/11 12:44, Paul Sutton wrote:
what i generally do is to install a newer version along side my current version so i can both move files over and also get used to the new system, make sure it works properly and with my hardware then move over fully and delete the old installation.

this may be the way forward,  moving to a new system is never really that smooth, and there are usually issues to deal with,  at least if you have both you can stick with what works and go back to it if there is a problem.

just a thought
I would recommend that and do that too if I had things the right way around. I stick to LTS releases at home but have more resources in terms of hard drives etc to achieve that. I swear it should be the other way around ;).

I had no intention of using Unity so I really don't know why I upgraded at work... but lo and behold I did. I intend to move away to openSUSE anyway as I like the work flow of Gnome 3 so I'll have to suck it up for time being.

Gibbs