Re: [LUG] ubuntu 11.04 transitions

On 09/05/11 11:44, Gibbs wrote:
I'm using "Ubuntu Classic" at work which was a mistake in my opinion, should have stuck to 10.04.

I've noticed I can't re-order the windows on the bottom panel window list.
Also when moving a window to another workspace the window list at the bottom doesn't update instantly.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know its probably an issue with the window list applet but still its annoying as I'm always moving things around.

Gibbs

what i generally do is to install a newer version along side my current version so i can both move files over and also get used to the new system, make sure it works properly and with my hardware then move over fully and delete the old installation.

this may be the way forward,  moving to a new system is never really that smooth, and there are usually issues to deal with,  at least if you have both you can stick with what works and go back to it if there is a problem.

just a thought

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day