Re: [LUG] Hi to you all

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 22:23 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> On 06/05/11 21:47, Adam Latham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just thought I'd (re-)introduce myself to you all.

<Snipped>

> > Anyway, good to be back - enjoying the e-mails so far!
> >
> > Adam
> >

> Welcome back, :) as you can see we are all still here, trying to fight
> for the corner for open source software and against patents, (pdfs),
> commercial propitiatory offerings and such like.
>
> In case you missed the announcement, on meetings there is a meeting in
> paignton at the shoreline (seafront) from 14:30 on the 14th May.

I had missed the announcement, but prior commitments prevent me
attending this one, sorry.

> regarding unity, you should be able to switch to Gnome if you prefer.

The Log in screen in 11.04 has around 5 options for a session.  If
you've ever installed multiple desktops, that's the place you select
which one to boot in too.

Unity is the 'new' default Ubuntu selection.  The good old standard
Gnome Desktop is the Ubuntu 'Classic' option (with or without wobbly
windows) and there are a couple of safe and shell options as well.

Just in case anyone gets as shock and awed as I did to start with!

> btw on this,  the Ubuntu store now has 11.04 cd's available
>
> Paul
>

> --
>
> Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
> http://www.zleap.net
>

> Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
> Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
> (starts May 11th)
>
> The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
> 01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.
>
> 17th September 2011 - Software freedom day

Thanks for the welcome back!

Adam