Re: [LUG] Hi to you all

On 06/05/11 21:47, Adam Latham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just thought I'd (re-)introduce myself to you all.
>
> I was on the mailing list a couple of years (or so) ago but ended up
> getting seconded at work which really murdered my available time and
> meant I had to unsubscribe as the sheer volume of e-mail was... well,
> enough of the excuses!
>
> I kept my hand in with Linux, using it exclusively on my laptops, and
> Dual Booting the Desktop.  I even had a pop at cleaning some code in the
> Linux Kernel and (somehow) managed to get myself listed as a
> 'Developer'!
>
> However, GIT is proving a tough nut to crack for me, despite the patient
> tutelage of the real Kernel Developers and Greg K-H in particular.
>
> So, secondment ended.  Work is all sweetness and light - well as sweet
> and light as it gets, but pretty good right now.  With a little bit of
> spare time (not for long, I suspect) I figured I'd resubscribe and see
> what's happening in DCGLUG land.
>
> Just WUBI'd my current Laptop with Ubuntu 11.04 - Unity Shell???? What's
> all that about?  Getting used to it now, but it was a bit of a culture
> shock after 10.04LTS and the Ubuntu 'Classic' Gnome workflow.
>
> Anyway, good to be back - enjoying the e-mails so far!
>
> Adam

Welcome back, :) as you can see we are all still here, trying to fight
for the corner for open source software and against patents, (pdfs),
commercial propitiatory offerings and such like.

In case you missed the announcement, on meetings there is a meeting in
paignton at the shoreline (seafront) from 14:30 on the 14th May.

regarding unity, you should be able to switch to Gnome if you prefer.

btw on this,  the Ubuntu store now has 11.04 cd's available

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day