[LUG] Hi to you all

Hi,

I just thought I'd (re-)introduce myself to you all.

I was on the mailing list a couple of years (or so) ago but ended up
getting seconded at work which really murdered my available time and
meant I had to unsubscribe as the sheer volume of e-mail was... well,
enough of the excuses!

I kept my hand in with Linux, using it exclusively on my laptops, and
Dual Booting the Desktop.  I even had a pop at cleaning some code in the
Linux Kernel and (somehow) managed to get myself listed as a
'Developer'!

However, GIT is proving a tough nut to crack for me, despite the patient
tutelage of the real Kernel Developers and Greg K-H in particular.

So, secondment ended.  Work is all sweetness and light - well as sweet
and light as it gets, but pretty good right now.  With a little bit of
spare time (not for long, I suspect) I figured I'd resubscribe and see
what's happening in DCGLUG land.

Just WUBI'd my current Laptop with Ubuntu 11.04 - Unity Shell???? What's
all that about?  Getting used to it now, but it was a bit of a culture
shock after 10.04LTS and the Ubuntu 'Classic' Gnome workflow.

Anyway, good to be back - enjoying the e-mails so far!

Adam