Re: [LUG] OT: Skype 2.1.0.81 on Debian Squeeze

On 05/05/11 15:49, Dan Dart wrote:
Martin - you should try my tip too.
As I say, mine worked in Cheese, mplayer, et al, but not skype until I
added the option.
Was that the v4l1 library? Yeah. I've got that.

My sound problem with Simon was due to PulseAudio having switched off my microphone - I have one of those cheap USB phone gismos. PulseAudio seems to do things like that to Skype quite often though I guess it could be another PulseAudio enabled program interfering...

I've not battled my Skype video problem, I just don't get that many video calls to warrant pushing it up my To-Do list.

I'll be upgrading my Desktop top Natty soon so perhaps will look at it then

Martin