Re: [LUG] Inkjet or Laser

 On 25/04/2011 12:38, Rob Beard wrote:
I think basically the printer manufacturers sell the printers cheap and make their money from the cartridge sales, hence why they don't like compatibles (they don't make any money from them).

Rob

That's about the size of it, and now with the chipped cartridges they won't even let you use all the ink you *bought*. I had a chip resetter for my old Epson and got 140 odd pages of close typed black out of the cartridge *after* the chip claimed it was empty. Similar story for the colour cartridges. So not only are they expensive, in my experience you don't get what you pay (through the nose) for.

Julian