Re: [LUG] IPv6 tunnelling

On 18/04/11 20:58, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

On 18/04/11 18:48, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

Has anyone tried this tunnelling service?

You can get native IPv6 from a small number of UK ISPs already. E.g.
Entanet via a reseller. I've had it at home for some time now - just
waiting for my hosting co. to support it then I'll be rolling it out
over everything I have. Hopefully soon.

I haven't got a BT line anymore so I guess I'd have to get a line, I'm
not that desperate for IPv6 :-)

The squeeze is coming...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/15/apnic_ip_addresses_exhausted/

Gordon

Yep, that's why I was asking about tunnelling. At the moment I'm wondering what Virgin's plans are. Officially I believe they say they have enough IP addresses for now. Surely they must have some plan though (or at least I'd hope) especially now their new Tivo boxes have their own 10Mbit internet connection just for themselves (although that could be via NAT I guess).

Rob