Re: [LUG] photo ownership

On 06/04/11 18:47, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 06/04/11 09:38, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> ok so if someone from the rugby club for example does upload something i
>> can tell them to remove it.
>>

>> paul
>>

> Presumably yes, if they don't then you can flag it to Facebook.
>
> Basically according to Facebook's Terms of Service:
>
> 'For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like
> photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following
> permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant
> us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free,
> worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in
> connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you
> delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been
> shared with others, and they have not deleted it.'
>
> Full terms of service are here:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
>
> Maybe you might be better off putting the photos on a photo sharing site
> such as Flikr or PhotoBuckett and give folks in the Rugby club links so
> if they want to share it with friends and family they can share the
> links rather than uploading YOUR photos to Facebook.  On the other hand
> they're free to upload their photos (as long as they don't break the
> terms of service).
>
> Rob

Well i was just asking as the diaspora website said what it did.  I have
copied the photos on to a cd and given this to one of the coaches as he
wanted copies of the photos,  one of the players can get the pictures
printed out large size, the idea being we can display these in the
changing rooms and around the club, to make it look brighther

i have simply put my name and e-mail along with the creative commons
license logo (cc by SA) or what ever it is,  on the cd lable and
included the license on the cd.

I was simply asking as I was unsure as to what happens once uploading to
facebook takes place, I am now a lot clearer.

I don't mind members of the club doing this,  as long as they respect
the license, hence its released under creative commons,

I think that by doing it the way I ahve its clear as to the license, as
any photos I give to people in this way can have the copyright info
(creative commons) on the cd label, so its hardly something you can miss)

i don't think a lot of people even under stand copyright, IP,  perhaps
this is something the EICC can address and perhaps when formed properly
the SDICC,  so we can raise awareness.

More worryingly is people that simply do not care about either
copyright, IP etc but that is a different issue.

I havce a few photo cd's here from other places none of the photos have
copyright plastered on them, what there is is a copyright notice on the
cd, and a license on the cd.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Easter Fest 2011 - Music and production activities for young people 12 - 19
April 11 - 23rd - The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day