[LUG] eicc vs lug

Hi

Looking at the success of the meeting in exeter on saturday got me
thinking and I had a discussion with phil on saturday regarding how we
market the lug.

Perhaps we should / could market any meetings similar to the EICC
meetings as SDICC or south devon internet computer club,  that way it
will appeal to non techy people and may get more people along.

I am NOT suggesting we rename the LUG  in fact saturday afternoons we
can have a few of us lug / open devon people meet up from say 14:00 then
SDICC meets can be from 15:00 that gives us tech people time to catch up
/  set up before other people arrive,

Clearly any website on this can say its run by Lug members, who want to
help people with computer issues.

Getting people through the door is the hard part,  once they are through
we can talk about issues (probably going to be with windows)

Just a thought

Any ideas / Comments.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Easter Fest 2011 - Music and production activities for young people 12 - 19
April 11 - 23rd - The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day