Re: [LUG] New computer

On 02/04/11 13:09, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 02/04/11 12:43, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 12:20:00 +0100
Neil Winchurst<barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Neil,

me please? Just get me started on it. I can see myself in the users
list but I cannot see any way to add a new one. It was easy on Hardy!!

Look for KUser in the System menu.  Of course, Mint not install it by
default.

On ubuntu its a case of going to system - admin - users and groups.  as
mint is based on Ubuntu it should be there or am i missing something ?

Paul

Yes, Ubuntu by default uses the Gnome desktop environment (at least until the next release in a couple of weeks), where as Neil was using the Linux Mint 10 KDE edition (which uses KDE4 and is more comparable to Kubuntu). AFAIK Ubuntu 8.04 still uses KDE 3.5 (although I may be wrong on this, it's been a long time since I've used any version of Kubuntu).

Rob