Re: [LUG] potential meeting venue in Paignton (foxhole)

On 31/03/11 17:41, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 31/03/11 16:46, Paul Sutton wrote:

>>> If it's a Surestart centre then I have a feeling it is run by Torbay
>>> Council (I'll have to check, but I gather Torquay Surestart is run by a
>>> different organisation but Paignton and Brixham are run by Torbay
>>> Council).
>>>
>>> So it may mean we need to get kit PAT tested.  I'll get the wife to
>>> speak to her contacts.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> Thing is, we could either do a one off event to promote open source as
>> we would probably look at doing several events in different locations.
>> As in one, at that location, if we can get in to the Paignton Day
>> centre, that's another option,  just simply one off events to raise
>> awareness,  these are either as part of regular lug meets or as
>> additional events.
>>
>> Paul
>
> Yep, as it happens it doesn't sound like it's anything to do with
> Surestart.
>
> It's probably worth speaking to them anyway.
>
> Rob

I can write to them, and hope they can be bothered to write back,

Paul
--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Saturday 2nd April 2011 - Linux user group meeting, Shoreline Bar and
Restaurant,
Paignton Seafront,  from 14:30 if you drop in From 15:00 members will be
available to
talk to you about how perhaps Free and Open Source software can save you
money.

Easter Fest 2011 - Music and production activities for young people 12 - 19
April 11 - 23rd - The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.
17th September 2011 - Software freedom day