Re: [LUG] potential meeting venue in Paignton (foxhole)

On 31/03/11 16:46, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 31/03/11 16:09, Rob Beard wrote:
Quoting Paul Sutton<zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi

Just found this on the paigntonpeople site

http://www.paigntonpeople.co.uk/schools/Doves-new-school-centre-flying-start/story-10877297-detail/story.html

Its opening was organised to coincide with the completion of the
Â640,000 community centre which has been funded by the councilâs
childrenâs services to replace an outdated centre and changing rooms
with community hall, meeting room, kitchen, and office space.

ideas, thoughts

paul

If it's a Surestart centre then I have a feeling it is run by Torbay
Council (I'll have to check, but I gather Torquay Surestart is run by a
different organisation but Paignton and Brixham are run by Torbay Council).

So it may mean we need to get kit PAT tested.  I'll get the wife to
speak to her contacts.

Rob

Thing is, we could either do a one off event to promote open source as
we would probably look at doing several events in different locations.
As in one, at that location, if we can get in to the Paignton Day
centre, that's another option,  just simply one off events to raise
awareness,  these are either as part of regular lug meets or as
additional events.

Paul

Yep, as it happens it doesn't sound like it's anything to do with Surestart.

It's probably worth speaking to them anyway.

Rob