Re: [LUG] paignton day centre

On 31/03/11 17:25, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Paul Sutton<zleap@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Ok, to carry on with the current promotions thread the Paignton Day
centre is under new management

http://www.paigntonpeople.co.uk/local-people/Ann-hands-reins-turning-day-centre/story-10893714-detail/story.html

I just wondered as this is a place for over 55's then perhaps the users
of this facility would benefit from Open source software as we as a
group have identified this age range as one that could benefit,  esp as
many people don't need to buy MS office,  we could save them money by
educating them about alternatives.

1. Any thoughts?

Certainly worth further investigation.

I agree.

2. Any volunteers to help me construct a letter to the manager.  We need
to get the wording right and for this I am going to need HELP.

Not atm. sorry. Someone surely can though. Cant be that hard. :-)

If it can wait a few days I'm sure I can help, really snowed under until Monday next week though.

3. Perhaps hold a lug meet there (i can't comment on parking you may
have to park in Main car park and walk there),  perhaps if free it could
be a mini meet up to go in and see them one day.

If we as a group are serious about spreading the word then perhaps we
need to start somewhere like this.

Do you know what street it's on in Paignton? I'm sure we can find some parking near by.

Rob