Re: [LUG] Spreading the open source message

Neil Stone wrote:

But there seems to be quite a strong desire among list members to
really work hard at this. I must be missing something here. If
people really don't want to know should we care?

Anyone have any comments please?

Neil Winchurst
Short answer.. If you care about your tax money being wasted then, yes
you should care..

If you care about people knowing that there are other ways rather than
what's force fed to you then yes you should care..

If you do not want to live in a dictatorship then yes, you should care..

Personally, I will deal with people running windows, but educate them
to the error of their ways and the options.. I will be there for them
the next time it goes wrong, and charge them for it.. oh, and remind
them once again that there is another way..

I agree with what you say. But please note my question above. "If people really don't want to know, should we care." Perhaps I should have said, if some people really don't want to know, for whatever reason, then leave them to get on with it, their loss. And in that situation we should not waste time worrying about them but move on to other, hopefully more receptive people.

Neil Winchurst