Re: [LUG] promotion event - talks

Concerns regarding how would using open office affect my child's
ability to do school work,  Solutions to schools insisting work is
handed in or sent in in .doc or .docx format because the school uses
related software.

Open source - a students perspective,   (this could cover how
assignments need to be done or saved before submission and any issues
that arise

Open Source - a lecturers perspective (say grant for this) If Grant
can make it work then other equally qualified lecturers should with a
little effort can also make it work.
Not a problem.  I'm happy to do a talk - just have to make sure I have
it clearly in my diary for quite some time beforehand...

Grant.

i was thinking if we did something for software freedom day however being this is sept 17th its school term time

is this too late or should we look at august sometime

perhaps worth putting sfd in your diary anyway, could make a talking point for lectures if nothing else.

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day