[LUG] OpenOffice Recovery

Hi all
I have had an interesting time with a Win user and an Open Office .ODT
that crashed ( a 24 pager written on the fly with no notes) and the box
"save a Copy" was not checked in Preferences.
SO after trying 2 File recovery gizmoes in Windows and failing I looked
in to it in Linux

Opening the File with Archive Manager gives a List if Files within the
crashed file and contents.xml and styles.xml are easily read in to gedit
or bulefish etc.

The error we had was a Duplicate style at line 2 column 6231

I found this point ( all the content was on the one line ) and removed
the duplicate Tag

Open the file again and got a Similar error but a different col number
knowing we can go like this forever (there were 118472 cols in this
file) I am thinking I just want the text out of this file.
So html2txt contents.xml >goodtext.txt

2 secs later
a Good paragraphed txt file of the Orig.
Brilliant !
 So good the windows user has a copy of peppermint linux on a Live Cd to
play with.
--
Regards

Kevin Lucas