Re: [LUG] OT: ClamWin - foss anti-virus for windows

On 26/03/11 14:05, Kevin Lucas wrote:

>  Scanned with ClamAV found 24 Trojans,

They really trojans? What was found?

> Then with MalwareBytes and found 147 infections of malware, mostly from
> someting called "MyWebSearch"

MyWebSearch is classified differently by different providers, Wikipedia
claims DELL use to ship it pre-installed on some boxes.

We all have to agree on what we mean by malware when we decide to
compare anti-malware tools, as that affects the false positive/negative
ratio substantially.

If you genuinely believed the box had at least 24 trojans you would
simply reinstall from trusted media unless one was simply interested in
testing anti-malware tools.