Re: [LUG] Flash (was: Linux Mint -- and Debian)

On 23/03/11 10:57, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 23 Mar, 2011, at 8:44 am, George Parker wrote:

I'm finding it difficult to isolate whether this is a hardware or software or BIOS problem.

Flash itself is the prime suspect. Crashy on all platforms, not just linux.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

I'd go along with this if it was just flash. I have problems with Skype also (see another recent thread) and just playing videos. It all seems to be linked to AMD 64 2 core Athlons. I also have an old Thinkpad laptop with an intel 32 bit processor which runs both flash, Skype and anything else I throw at it with no problem. This is currently running PCLinuxOS very happily.

I have a higher being to keep happy who wants to see flash content and use Skype to wave at the grandchildren (and why not?) But it is so annoying when I hear yet again "This *$@)£*!ing linux, why can't we have Windows like normal people" etc, etc. But we shall persevere. (It does help when significant sums of money are mentioned in the same breath as Windows.)

George