[LUG] OT (sorry): MS Licensing question

I know this isn't quite right, but my father in-law is looking for a new system - currently has XP and wants to stick to XP...

The system he has is something I built for him some years back 5 or 6. It can't go beyond 1GB of RAM, it's an older AMD Athlon, so it's a bit clunky. It's got a Win XP OEM install on it.

The plan is to put a new mobo/processor and eventually disk drive inside it.

So is that do-able inside the terms of the OEM license?

Cheers,

Gordon