Re: [LUG] Linux Mint -- and Debian

Kevin Lucas wrote:

After using Red Hat then Fedora
I now have Mint 10 on my Business PC running the Shop,
Database Web server for my LAMP accounting and Day to Day Management its
Very stable, versatile, and the only thing I have uninstalled due to
problems was the prop. Skype, which caused Sound issues. But I can live
without Skype.

I suspect that you mean Mint 10 Gnome. This is still based on Ubuntu at the moment. It is Mint 10 Xfce which is now based on Debian, hence my email. I really like what I have seen of Mint so far. For me Ubuntu and Kubuntu are getting a bit OTT. There is just so much included now. Nothing wrong with that of course for people who like all the clever graphics etc. but it is not for me.

By the way, this year I have promised myself that we will visit your cafÃ. We have been there in the past but it was a long time ago. If we do I will make myself known.

Thanks for your comments

Regards

Neil Winchurst