Re: [LUG] Email for newbies - part 2

Roland Tarver wrote:

Again, thanks for that Neil. I have quite a number of linux newbies
(mainly friends) to set up in a few months. All this info will be very
handy then. :-)

Many thanks
Roly :-)

I have now decided to stay with SeaMonkey for all my emails. I do also use the browser section too occasionally, but I will stick with Firefox mainly.

One comment. I had trouble trying to send an email with a PDF attachment (apologies to Tom). It was a test only. I eventually tracked it down to SSL being enabled as a default.

I don't normally use that so I disabled it and it is now OK.

I do think that SM has got the balance about right for most people. I have now set it up for my wife on her laptop and she seems very happy with it.

Neil