Re: [LUG] SysRq keys to restart cleanly

On 09/03/11 19:15, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Looking up the SysRq key I found the following which may be useful

Its essentially saying how to use alt-SysRq to shutdown and restart if X
decides to throw a wobbly and not allow input.

I would recommend reading the whole first part of this thread, as if I
quote it ends up being taken out of context,

I just thought it may be useful,  while its on ubuntu forums I think
most distros enable this anyway.

It would be nice to  have a talk on this at some point, so more of this
rather hidden but very useful part of the kernel can be discussed further.

Paul

http://techpatterns.com/forums/about911.html