Re: [LUG] Email clients for newbies

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:28:15 +0000
David Bell wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 March 2011 15:42:59 Neil Winchurst wrote:
>
> > Kmail. Not so easy to set up. Too many extras. Can't find a way to
> > put sent mails in the desired folder. Keeps asking about kwallet.
>
> Disable Kwallet by opening KDE Control Centre > Privacy & Security >
> KDE Wallet  and de-select it. Preferably before configuring Kmail :)
>
> In Kmail select Settings > Configure Filters > then setup your rule
> for incoming mail from a particular address, then at the same time
> select <Advanced> to set up the rules for handling outgoing mail to a
> particular addresses.
>
> Hope this helps.

A good guide, but if the idea is for new people to be able to use it
"out of the box" as-it-were, surely this is typically a step too far.
Something that keeps asking for a password, especially when you tick
the box "remember my password" can be a little confusing and certainly
I can't think of any "new people" who would instinctively go for the
"Control Centre" to fix the issue.

Grant.