Re: [LUG] Evolution email - compose screen

On 07/03/11 19:08, Kevin Lucas wrote:
Just replying in plain text is this large enough?
The setting is in Edit
                        Preferences,
                                        Mail Preferences and untick "use the same
fonts as other
Applications"

then you are free to use what you like, up to 40 point as this does not
display on my system.

I had already done that. And I have set up the fonts that I like (Arial). This has worked for the font used when reading emails in the inbox and also for reading emails in the sent box. But it has no effect on the font for the compose screen. This is not Arial and it too small. Incidentally the same wrong font shows when I reply to an email.

And I still cannot get it to stop asking me for the keyring password at the beginning of each new session.

Still, never mind. I feel that I have given Evolution a good go but it does not work how I like. So I will stay with Thunderbird which mostly works how I like it.

About the only thing I can't do in Tbird, which I can for example in Sylpheed, is change the date and time format as it appears in the folders. But the one that I get in Tbird will do just fine.

Thanks for your help with this.

Neil