Re: [LUG] domains

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I have set up a parked domain on my web site. I see that I can set up
some email accounts on it. I have not yet worked out if I can have
different files on it.

I have also wondered about add on domains. I have looked around with
Google but am still a bit unsure. Any experts out there on the list?
Which would be more useful, a parked domain or an add on? I am still
trying to get my head round the pros and cons there.

Anyone please?

A lot is really going to depend on how your hosting company handles the domains and what they will and won't let you do.

If you're doing it yourself, running your own nameservers and web/email
servers then anyting is possible.

Almost every hosting company is differrent, so I suspect it's really hard for anyone to give you a real idea about what you can do. Maybe get in-touch with the hosting company and ask them?

And if you want ultimate control, then get a VPS from somewhere with root accecss and fiddle with the config files...

Gordon