Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> If you do get a cold caller - for whatever reason, not just scams... See if
> you can keep them going for over 90 seconds. If they're in a call centre,
> and using BT (although you'll never know), then BT have a call centre rate
> that gives them the first 90 sconds of a call free[1], but after 90 seconds
> it's the full call rates. So it would soon become not profitable for them...

It was an international number, but I kept him on the phone for some
time, definitely more than 90 seconds. I had already been thinking
about what would have been the best way to do from both a
hurt-the-scammers and a security research perspective.

And wish I'd had a Windows VM ready indeed.

Martijn.