Re: [LUG] Comments - and junk

On 17/01/11 12:46, chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Been reading from afar for a short while and felt I might be able to help on
this one (That is if this reply actually reaches the correct location).

I would suggest the addition of a captcha (image containing letters to deter
spam messages). If you can specify which package you're using to host/run
(Wordpress etc.) the photoblog someone if not myself may be able to be a bit
more specific as to how one would be added.

Apologies if this doesn't mark itself from my full name in the from bar but
I'm using webmail.

Regards,
Chris Franklin.

It is a bit hidden, but I did mention that the photoblog is Pixelpost. This does include askimet so I must look at how that works.

Having changed the folder name for the photoblog I am no longer getting any spam, at the moment. No doubt it will start up again in time.

It is perhaps useful that all the spam was aimed at just one photo. Next time I could remove that photo to see what happens.

Thanks

Neil