Re: [LUG] More on Facebook

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems they're opening up the information avalable to developers... Now a
> face book application can get your address and phone number (if you allow
> it)
>
> http://url.drogon.net/j
> or
>
> http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/01/16/rogue-facebook-apps-access-your-home-address-mobile-phone-number/
>

> Gordon

Thanks for that Gordon. I really get paranoid about stuff like this.
On the link you provided there was a further link to a sophos guide to
tighten up your FB security. As you may have spotted I have re-posted
it on face book too.

http://www.sophos.com/security/best-practice/facebook/

roly :-)