Re: [LUG] bude recycling place

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Graham Pearce wrote:

On 03/01/2011 15:20, tom wrote:
On 03/01/11 11:08, Rob Beard wrote:
On 02/01/11 11:02, tom wrote:

64Meg graphics cards for £5 and with luck (they're rearranging at the mo
so cant find their bums with their hands) things like to speed CPU's
taken from old stuff. I've got a 1.7G Athlon XP and sticking a 3200+ in
would make a noticeable difference for £40 ...if they've got one. And
speed up the 1.2G athlon machine to 1.7.....
But they should be useful for spares to make old and nearly retired
machines back and wizzy.

£40 for a 3200+?

You can pick one up on eBay for about 20 quid (which is still a bit steep if you ask me).
Never seen one at that price - always 40+
Tom te tom te tom

Are there people seriously wanting this sort of hardware???? I've seen some schools that throw away 2.4-3Ghz P4's. If you want them, I'll see about getting my hands on
them.

I know - weird, itsn't it? I used to lust after old PCs, etc. and we all know we can run a 3-port 100Mb router, NFS/SMB/NAS, web, printer server, dog-walker on a 100MHz Pentium with 64Mb of RAM in it...

But these days old PCs just suck too much power to be of any real use to me, so I'm slowly getting rid of my old stuff - I have 2 or 3 PC cases left with a selection of mobos from 1.8GHz Intel celeron to Athlon XP2400+ ... Once I've had a sort out they'll be up for grabs... Along with a box load of old IDE drives too...

Gordon