Re: [LUG] bude recycling place

On 02/01/11 09:46, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM, tom<tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 02/01/11 02:01, Eddie Blundell wrote:
I live in Bude and haven't heard anything off it :S..

Cheers

We found it a couple of days ago - boxes of junk everywhere Heaven!
http://www.dandlitrecycling.co.uk/
Tom te tom te tom
Do they install linux on the older hardware that they recycle. If not,
perhaps we should send in Tom to "educate" them ;-)
Too late - they've met me!
I did say I'd show them how to do it if they wanted...
I also note that they donate hardware to charity/community groups...
(perhaps this is why you are trying to contact them?)
64Meg graphics cards for £5 and with luck (they're rearranging at the mo so cant find their bums with their hands) things like to speed CPU's taken from old stuff. I've got a 1.7G Athlon XP and sticking a 3200+ in would make a noticeable difference for £40 ...if they've got one. And speed up the 1.2G athlon machine to 1.7..... But they should be useful for spares to make old and nearly retired machines back and wizzy.
Tom te tom te tom
roly :-)