Re: [LUG] Wifi Security

From: Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Wifi Security
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:31:04 +0000
Sender: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101207 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.7

WPA2-PSK is generally considered secure enough these days. If you have
some old legacy hardware you might also need the WPA-PSK (v1) also.

Personally, I use WPA2-PSK and WPA-PSK together as I have some old
cranky hardware lurking around. ;-)

HTH

Neil

Well. I have tried WPA and WPA2. When I try to connect I get the error
message that the passphrase is wrong. I have double checked it and it
is not wrong.

As soon as I remove all security I connect no problem. I wonder if the
laptop has a problem. It is fairly old. It is a compaq Presario  V5030.
Perhaps it will not work with WPA. Anyway, I must just leave the
network open. Lucky that I live where I do.

too bad

Neil Winchurst