Re: [LUG] OT BT contracts.....

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010, Eion MacDonald wrote:

On 27/12/10 19:22, Dava wrote:
I'm not good with words and my legal knowledge isn't good either...
would anyone out there be willing to help me in canceling a BT contract
before the finish date? My sister is with BT and she wishes she hadn't
signed up to them, if only she had asked me first! P2P is completely
unusable, i left a file going for over half an hour and it was stuck at
0% and 0kB/s even with a huge seed to leecher ratio and downloading from
50-103 peers. Its disgraceful!! Any ideas?

Regards

Dave

1. Read the contract!
2. It will itself within the wording have an 'expiry clause' or 'expiry
date'

It may not. BT are putting (or trying to put) people into rolling yearly contracts - in that if you don't do anything they will automatically roll-over into a new yearly contract...

But yes. See point 1 above.

Gordon