Re: [LUG] Humble Bundle 2 - installation of games in tar.gz format

Some of these games are in .deb format so when installing they go
somewhere that every user can run them

if they are .tar.gz i  extract them to my home folder (or a sub folder
of that) this means only I can run them as they are then in a sub folder
of my user home directory

e,g copy game,tar.gz to say /home/psutton/game

cd to that directory, run tar xzvf game.tar.gz
or simply right click and extract here.

can I copy them somewhere such as /usr/share I think so any user can run
them ?

then use the menu editor to point at the file you run to play the game.

clearly there is a right / wrong way to do things.

sorry for the lack of technical jargon i hope I have explained it clearly.

Paul