Re: [LUG] [Bulk] firefox update and foxed - and foxed again!

On 10/12/10 22:06, george parker wrote:

On Friday 10 December 2010, tom wrote:

> On 10/12/10 17:41, kevin wrote:

> > I find if you use a Sudo type Distro

> > Ubuntu, Mint etc, you need to run Sudo firefox from the command line as

> > the average user cannot update the addon's in Firefox.

> > the when firefox is run again the addons are added in the profile.

> > (too many addons here I think)

> > In Fedora I su to root run Firefox, update and then all is well.

> >> Cheers - enabled each one one at a time and it now works....

> >> Tom te tom te tom

> > Regards

> > Kevin Lucas

> > Minions Post Master(Sub)

> > Ten Years in the Making!

> > www.minionsbandb.co.uk

> > www.tearooms.minionsbandb.co.uk

> > Po House, Minions,

> > Liskeard Cornwall

> > PL14 5LE

> > 01579363386

> I use synaptic which goes sudo to do any updating. Alas it seems the new

> firefox is not stable on my system - its more secure but only because I

> cant run it.

> Tom te tom te tom

I've just moved my main computer from Mepis to Linux Mint 10 and I'm finding firefox (3.6.13) in that decidedly flakey. Including complete lock-ups of the system where the reset button seems to be the only way out. I've ditched a thing called firefox-branding which seems to have improved the situation but I'm not out of the woods yet.

George

Thats the same version as mine - its failing badly on two machines so I think maybe they forgot to test it!
Tom