Re: [LUG] frabjous day caloo calay

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010, David Bell wrote:

On Sunday 05 December 2010 16:36:47 Gordon Henderson wrote:

Who's the ISP?

NDO aka Namesco

I find it intersting that they are quoting contention ratios on their website:

  http://www.names.co.uk/adsl.html

when BT wholesale did away with that 3-4 years ago...

Still - their prices look reasonable, and it obivously works for you..

... *gulp* I've just looked into their prices again - 1GB a month cap on all products!!! Do they actually enforce that? Can you keep under 1GB? My line idles at about 1GB a month (ok, it's not idle, it's automated monitoring, but...)

Their "platinum" product is £25 a month inc. vat - for 1GB a month.. Let's see - add on a static IP address - £3 a month, now £28 a month. I use between 15 and 25GB a month, so their extra 25GB is £7.50 a month, that's now £35.50 a month (inc vat) ... I'm currently paying Enta £30.26 a month (inc vat) for that and actually I get more more than that as my cap is 45GB and unmetered 8pm to 8am, and I have a /29 routed too...

Ah well...

Gordon