Re: [LUG] meeting tomorrow

On 26/11/10 19:13, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 26/11/10 18:47, Rob Beard wrote:
On 26/11/10 16:46, Paul Sutton wrote:
As the meeting tomorrow seems to be uncertain, does anyone want to meet
at the shoreline in Paignton.

I can't think of anywhere else at the moment.

Sorry if this is really last minute,  but a meeting was arranged and it
looks like it won't go ahead,  So I guess some people are free if they
were planning to attend in exeter.

We don't know if anyone from Exeter still wants to go to Exwick though?

Although I guess it is looking unlikely.

I will try and arrange a proper meeting for the new year however it may
end up being an evening as I am busy on saturdays and it took a lot of
work to arrange cover for this weekend, I could simply go down anyway
but i was really looking forward to the break.

I don't think I'd be able to attend evenings, I'd be too knackered, plus
the wife is generally out in the evenings so I have to stay at home with
the kids (and I'm not dragging my kids to an evening LUG meeting).

Ok I will probably suggest Thursday evenings once a month for Lug meets,
probably at the rugby club as we should be able to use the same room we
used before. or use the bar area if the skittles isn't on however if
there is no skittles its usually set up so whos up for battle of the
distro fans,  ubuntu vs debian :) or vi fans vs emacs fans at skittles.

This should work as I have a few duties as first team manager to attend
to, but once I have set things up I am usually not doing much for an
hour or so or just need to go out and fill water bottles up at about
20:00 then bring the kit etc in at 21:00,  then once the teams have
changed just clean out the changing rooms / shower area,  I can't see
people staying beyond 21:30 anyway really, esp as its now colder in the
evenings.

I guess maybe we could arrange

(who's we ? )

Whoever wants to arrange something. We as a LUG, or we as those of us who are in the Torbay area.

two Torbay meets a month, maybe one on an
evening and one on a Saturday, and whatever else for Exeter and Plymouth.

Well that is up to members to sort out, arrange venues, announce on the
list and do all the usual work associated with lug meets and then make
sure one can attend, I am busy weekends from now till at least may so
can't do anything.

Yes, I gather there is going to be one in Plymouth soon, plus there's the one in North Devon.

I am not booking more weekends off from rugby however? unless there is
100 percent commitment, from people arranging the meetings.

Fair enough, do a sense a bit of a dig though? :-)

I think I'll possibly speak to Rick and ask him to try and commit to the meeting every month, as I mentioned a while back, I can't make every Exeter meeting, especially since I live in Torquay. Don't forget too we've also found a couple more possible venues in Torbay such as the Internet Cafe which was quite good (at least I seem to remember Tom and Gordon being quite impressed with it).

The meeting is OK'd tomorrow,

Okay cool. If for some reason I get an hour tomorrow and my car is up and running I may pop in to the Shoreline, although I do have to try and get 3 PCs running Ubuntu up and running.

Rob