Re: [LUG] Converting iTunes files...

Well, it turns out that the issue is with the sound system on my desktop PC... It seems to be broken after I did the upgrade to dual-monitors when I compield a new kernel for it, so I'll have to go and find out what's wrong.

Obviously I've not listened to any music or played any youtubes, etc. since them (although I was sure I had!) Everything seems to be going as fast as a fast thing - it plays videos, no sound and seems to just skip frames making them go 2 or 3 times faster than they ought.

Bother.

(but thanks for all the suggestions!)

Gordon