Re: [LUG] Converting iTunes files...

I've been given a few file of what looks like apple iTunes format to convert for a customers music on hold - however I can't make any sense of them... file identifies them as:

moh1.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC
moh2.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC
moh3.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC
moh4.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC
moh5.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC
moh6.m4a: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, iTunes AAC-LC

When I try to play them (with the play command) all I get is garbage - it does vaguely sound like something, but it's running 10x too fast

At a guess, I'd say that file has it right and that the files are DRM encrypted which is why you can't get any player other than iTunes to play them. Do you know if they're files created by the user or if they were purchsed from the iTunes store? If they were purchased, that's almost definitely what's wrong.