Re: [LUG] Converting iTunes files...

At a guess, I'd say that file has it right and that the files are DRM encrypted which is why you can't get any player other than iTunes to play them. Do you know if they're files created by the user or if they were purchsed from the iTunes store? If they were purchased, that's almost definitely what's wrong.

Oh, and just to follow up my last post, if they are encrypted, then the reccomended option for converting them is to burn an audio cd from iTunes and then encode that in whichever format you'd like.

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-Purchased-iTunes-Music-into-Unprotected-MP3s

Rediculous, but true.