Re: [LUG] OT Yenka anyone??

On 11/11/10 17:39, David Vanstone wrote:
lol sorry Tom i meant Yenka, no worries though

Dave

Not in one package (yet)
for electronics geda is pretty good, its not simple but you cant really simplify a complicated task just limit it. For mathematics octave is well cool - but please make sure you can do the simple stuff on paper first!!!!! For ICT - any decent IDE and http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/gting-know-alice popped up the other day Science - if you run Ubuntu then pop up Synaptic and type science into the search box (this applies to the others above as well)

Also look at Kepler (and I think there's another thing like Kepler that someone mentioned in a reply to my earlier thread about it.)

With these tools and a little imagination the worlds your giant gpl'ed clam that you can share with other worlds.

Having said that I still think the greatest leap forward in education in since the development of writing would be for the government to publish the national curriculum on line in open W3C HTML formats and then allow teachers to to share lessons and doubly link them to the curriculum. Along with any open examples from the above programs.
Tom te tom te tom