From: Wendy Simmonds <wendy.simmonds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 November 2010 11:27
Subject: [oucs-d] Job Vacancies
To: "Discuss (oucs-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oucs-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are currently advertising for two new posts:

Data Manager (Core User Directory)

Grade: 8
Salary: £36,715 - £43,840

Do you have a practical understanding of the complexity of identity
management processes within a university or similar environment? Do
you have successful IT project or service management experience,
together with excellent communications and user engagement skills?

If so, we invite you to apply for the post of Data Manager for Oxford
University's Core User Directory service, an initiative to provide a
directory of authoritative information about people who have a
relationship with the University, together with interfaces for data
reconciliation and lookup. You will be initially responsible for
managing the directory implementation project, including user and
stakeholder engagement, and the development of related policies and
procedures. You will work closely with the teams responsible for
technical development and OUCS user registration.

and

Systems Developer (18-month fixed contract initially)

Grade: 8
Salary: £36,715 - £43,840

Are you an experienced GNU/Linux systems developer, with the skills to
develop and deploy applications using some combination of Java/J2EE,
Apache, PostgreSQL or similar? Are you familiar with directory
services and related standards for identity and access management?

If so, you may be the person we are seeking to lead the technical
implementation of the Core User Directory of authoritative information
about people who have a relationship with Oxford University, together
with standards-based interfaces for data reconciliation and lookup.
You will lead the technical analysis of the business requirements and
design and implement the technical architecture. You will join the
team responsible for many of the IT services critical to the operation
of the University, including authentication and authorisation, web
server hosting, and network file storage.

Further info available from the web site http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/jobs/

Wendy Simmonds Assoc CIPD
Personnel Officer
Oxford University Computing Services