Re: [LUG] rsync - I'm getting lazy...

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, John wrote:

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 16:29 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Just don't forget that there are other distributions out there.

"service" doesn't exist in Debian. At least not the Debians I install...

   /etc/init.d/mysql stop

Good point, sorry. I thought service was the Debian way now. It must
just be an Ubuntu thing.

And here was me thinking it was a deadrat thing..

However, it appears there is a package called sysvconfig for Debian that provides the "service" command as well as a bunch of other stuff...

I guess Ubuntu installs it by default..

Gordon