Re: [LUG] rsync - I'm getting lazy...

tom wrote:

My concern is whether to use it for things like thunderbird or mysql (I have a laptop that goes out sometimes) or is that just not on - do I have to find some simple 'groupware' for the server for tbird and clustering for mysql?

What are you trying to achieve?

You can get thunderbird to cache imap mail server these days, which lets you read emails when offline (whatever that is), and you can queue them up to send.

MySQL - urm sounds a bad idea unless you just want a copy to demonstrate.

In these days of 3G broadband dongles free with your cereal, why mess around replicating data when you can access the master copy?